1. Apply in person at the Embassy of Viet Nam, 1233 20th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20036 (walk-in, no prior appointment is required; from 9:00 A.M to 12:00 A.M and 02:00 P.M to 04:30 P.M from Monday to Friday, except holidays) or Apply by mail to the Embassy of Viet Nam, 1233 20th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20036 and receive your visa by mail – Click here.
2. Apply online and receive loose-leaf visa by mail – Click here. (For United States Passport Holders only; payment by Paypal)
3. Apply by email and receive loose-leaf visa by mail – Click here. (Payment by credit/debit card)
Notice: For Vietnamese holding a US Permanent Resident Card (also referred to as "Green Card"), you can apply for a Visa Exemption Certificate (click here), also known as "Viet Nam 5-year visa".
II. Processing time
Standard: 3 business days (after all required documents are submitted).
Expedite service: 24-hour processing time (additional fee is required). Kindly put an Expedite service or URGENT note/label on your envelope or in your application package for easier processing.
III. Image of Visa specimens
02 types of visas issued by the Embassy: Loose-leaf Visa and Sticker Visa (Click here for images).
IV. Other important notices
* Upon receiving your visa issued by the Embassy, kindly double check all personal information printed on your visa. In case of inaccurate personal information, please contact the Embassy immediately for correction or adjustments (fees may be applied for amendments of visas due to applicants' inadvertent errors).
* For diplomatic and official passport holder, you can apply in person or by mail (online or email application is not applicable). Diplomatic and official visas will be issued GRATIS (free of charge) unless otherwise agreed upon between Viet Nam and the applicant's country. In addition to documents specified in Part I, the applicant is requested to submit a visa approval number, a diplomatic note, or an official letter from the relevant agencies of the United States Government, Diplomatic Missions and international organizations accredited to the United States.
* The cost for visa includes visa approval fee, processing and handling fee, postal service and expedite service (if required). Visa fees vary depending on type of visa, duration of stay and type of service (standard or expedite). Please contact the Consular Division for further information.
* If you travel in a group: combined payment can be made in one money order or check for the whole group (two applicants or more). All applications can be sent in one envelope and the visas can be sent back in one return envelope.
* Duration of stay: visa will be valid from the date of entry provided on your application and printed on the visa. You may enter ON or AFTER the date of entry given on the visa and is expected to leave before the end of the expiration date.
* For travelers with 12-month visa: The Customs and Border Protection Authority at the port of entry into Vietnam determines the length of each authorized stay within the 12-month duration.
* Online visa: As the Embassy cannot confirm the reliability of online visa services offered by many companies on the Internet, it is strongly recommended that travelers obtain suitable visas prior to their trip to Viet Nam. There have been reported cases of fraudulence and personal data theft when applying for online visa and cases of entry refusal on arrival when these types of online visas are applied through un-recognized websites with no connection to the Embassy. The Embassy cannot verify the validity of such visas and cannot provide assistance to travelers in case they are refused of entry while using these types of visas. In order to avoid any risk of personal data theft or losses through fraudulent use of credit/debit cards, travelers are strongly recommended not to provide personal information on untrusted websites.
* The Embassy reserves the right to request further information and documentation from applicants and to deny approval for any visa application without necessarily providing explanation for visa denial.
* Business hours: 9:00 A.M – 12:00 P.M and 02:00 P.M – 04:30 P.M from Monday through Friday. The Embassy is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and during Viet Nam and United States holidays.
* For more information, please contact the Consular Division of the Embassy:
- Address: 1233 20th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington D.C., 20036.
- Telephone: 202-861-0737 ext. 118/121/122/125/129.
- Mailing information: 202-861-0737 ext. 113.
- Fax: 202-861-0917
- Email: email@example.com
* In case of emergency, you may contact the Embassy's hotlines at 202-716-8666.